Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy New Year!

We have been busy, as I imagine most everyone has, and it's nice to begin settling back into our routine.  Err, do we have a routine?  Sort of.  Mostly.  Yes, definitely, but it's not quite as full or consistent as I'd like to be.

It's many a parent who is working on scheduling their second semester of the homeschool year, and I am definitely testing the water in the process.  We're still sticking with our eclectic approach while Jetta avoids the workbook at all costs.  We're considering dabbling a little with Oak Meadow next year, but admittedly I am reluctant to spend the money.  I'm also not sure I want to hang back on some of the things we made progress with, and I'm not sure I don't want to cruise ahead on the other things we haven't addressed.  In the end, I tend to overcomplicate things no matter what, so whatever is not the easiest is likely what I'll choose.

This is also the time of year for me to decide where I'm going with my massage practice.  I have some limitations on location, and some ambitions on how to flesh it all out, but it's hard to know just how to integrate what I'm hoping to do here and what I'm hoping to do holistically.  The path is ahead of me, but it sure feels like I'm blindfolded!

Regardless of where it all goes, I know there are some exciting things coming my way.  Rachel, from Creativity Tribe, and I are working on a project for tuning into the wisdom of the body.  I'll let you know when this is up and running so you can join us in your own adventure with your body's wisdom.  I mentioned not long ago that we are also teaching the Whole Woman Workshop, which will be in Corpus Christi, Texas in February at the Southwest UU Women's Conference and it's sure to be a powerful time.  Scholarships are available through the SWUUWC, so if you have any interest, don't hesitate to look into those.

With our holiday decorations packed away and a bit of cold weather treading lightly for our South Texas region, the beginning of this year feels like it is in a bit of  limbo.  Or maybe that is just how I feel about the things I need to accomplish.  The water doesn't feel quite warm enough to jump in, but I guess the sooner I do, the sooner I'll get to swim!

Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment