Friday, June 7, 2013

Sensory Summer?

It's summer vacation and while we didn't spend a whole lot of time on bookwork and projects during the year, I'm not quite sure what to do with the girls.  I have ideas.  We have play dates and dance classes.  But the hours seem to go by with little break for me.

And so my solution is, hopefully, sensory play and lots of water.

We live in South Central Texas and the heat has begun to thicken the air as it permeates and makes it's presence predictable.  So have the mosquitoes, and standing water gives them refuge.   Filling our little pool and leaving it isn't an option.

Pinterest has hundreds of sensory play options here:

http://pinterest.com/mamasmiles/sensory-activities-for-kids/

But I would love to hear what you are doing with your kids, homeschooled or not, to keep them off the couch and away from the tv.  Share if you are willing, and help this momma make it through the summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment